2012/08/24

Initialized


   ...And so begins this new weather blog. The aim here will be discuss interesting weather topics, both current and previous. There will be a clear emphasis on tropical cyclones (hurricanes, typhoons, etc.) and I hope to post a summary of all active storms worldwide at least once a day, more if there is a lot of activity. I will try to make use of a lot of images and diagrams to keep things clear and because it just makes things more interesting.

    A little bit about myself: I recently graduated from the University of Washington with a degree in Atmospheric Sciences. I also worked there as a student assistant for two years where the focus of my work was processing satellite data on tropical cyclones, a topic which will likely come up quite often. While I live in western Washington, I have first hand experience with severe weather in both Texas and Florida, which serves as a great transition into my first full post...

No comments:

Post a Comment